Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm not the only one drinking this....

The client took me out to lunch today. As I mentioned in my last post, today is The Dragon Boat Festival Holiday, so the restaurant provided us with some free wine. I took a sip of the wine and it actually tasted exactly like grape juice, but upon asking the client if it was grape juice, they replied that it is a very fruity wine. Nonetheless the stuff was good.

You might have heard that the sanitation in Chinese restaurants is not the best, and I can honestly say that I just look at the food and don't observe the surroundings (as they might not be the most appealing). I was so much enjoying the wine drink that I was drinking it slowly to enjoy, even to the point where I held it up once and took a look at the glass (as if I was some wine connoisseur). Upon looking into the glass I noticed there was something in there. As I brought the glass closer I noticed about 4 wings and then I finally identified it, there was a fly in my drink.




Now, I do not know that much about wines, so I thought for a moment that maybe this wine is like Tequila where there is worm in it for reasons that I don't know, so I thought maybe this bug was supposed to be in it. When I asked the client if this was okay, they looked at it and yelled for the waitress to come over, the words exchanged were basically that this was not acceptable and that we should not have to pay for certain things during the meal. So I guess that was the long way of saying, "No that is not okay." Anyway, I didn't lose my appetite, rather I just didn't drink any more of the wine juice. Too bad cause it was really good.

No comments: