Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Better then the NFL??????


Okay okay, no there is truly nothing better then the NFL, I grew up on American Football so it is definitely close to my heart. Although the thought is going through my mind that RUGBY is a better sport then the NFL. It is only a thought, but I'm sure some people around the world would support the thought. I used to take the philosophy that since I am not innundated by US sports television that even the bad sports start to look good, but legitimately, Rugby is a really cool sport to watch (not sure I would play it...yet). First, it is commercial free, which is always a plus. Second these guy hit each other in basically the same manner as the NFL, just without any pads on. Third, all the guys on the team are physical freaks, whereas in the NFL you can have some guys that are either human blobs or guys like the kicker who is your everyday ordinary guy.


It has basically been 3 weeks in a row of watching Rugby on Saturday evenings and I think I'm hooked (this past weekends game where New Zealand came back with 2 trys in the final 5 minutes was awesome). In fact I am even looking forward to the Rugby World Cup that will be taking place this fall in France. Yes, the US has a team, but we are not that great. I will be cheering for my boys, but they play England and South Africa in the first group round, so they will most likely get their butts handed to them (England and South Africa are dominant along with New Zealand, France, and Austrailia). I know that NFL season will be in full swing, but there will be more Rugby coverage on my satellite here in China, so I might just have to follow Rugby closer (dare I say).


We'll see how I enjoy the World Cup, but right now Rugby is creeping up into my favorite sports, now in the top 4 behind NFL, College Basketball, College Football.


No comments: