Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I have hit rock bottom

People say that an alcoholic has hit rock bottom when they are lying passed out with like 12 bottles of empty rubbing alcohol around them, or an overeater when they are passed out with a bunch of cheeseburger wrappers around them, or weird cat ladies when they are passed out with 43 dead cats in their refrigerator.

Well, I think I have hit my rock bottom when it comes to music listening. While I was not passed out anywhere, I can say that listening to Chinese Pop (Cpop) has corrupted me. I was in the car with a colleague of mine heading to a client (now this colleague liked to talk to herself, and you know when you have just met someone and they begin to talk to themselves and you think to yourself...sketchy, well that's another story all in itself), we had finished our small talk about getting to know each other and she asked me if I minded if she put on some music. Of course, I did not mind, she said, "It's the Backstreet Boys. They're my favorite...I love Rock n Roll." I will leave that last part alone as I think we can all identify the fallacy in that statement, nonetheless I said it was okay for the Backstreet Boys to be played. Little did I know that when the music started to I actually...gulp...enjoyed it. Yes in my mind I started to sing along with songs, and my body was doing one of those internal dances (not the kind when Mr. Doo Doo Brown is at your door). Let me repeat that, I enjoyed listening to the Backstreet Boys...I have certainly hit the rock bottom of music.

No comments: