Thursday, June 14, 2007

Greatest Game Ever Played


No, contrary to the picture, the foosball game did not involve President Bush rather it involved me and some of the most intense foosball players ever (translation...5 year olds). We were attending a graduation party last night and there happened to be a foosball table in the house. So I gathered up some of the best 5 year old foosball players I could find and challenged them to a casual game. To make a long story short, after about 10 minutes one of the 5 year olds and I were down 9-2 (winner is first one to 10). After almost scoring the winning point, the next three minutes could simply be described as AMAZING. My partner and I came back like a lightning storm of wheatbread and toasters, and after tying the game at 9-9, we finished them off in solid fashion with a strong kick from the defense straight into the goal. Yes, it was pure heaven... comeback of the century...greatest game ever played.


Some other highlights of the night were:


  • the stories from one of the kids telling me that he could burp so loud that the world would shake, upon challenging him on this, I found that my 1 year old son could do better.

  • the graduate gave a presentation about his 4 years in high school and at the end one of the 5 year old kids raised his hand and said, "I did not understand one word you just said." This was something I have always wanted to do at a presentation, yes my friends, that kid had guts.

  • The night culminated with me not having one adult conversation, rather I spent much of time tackling the kids when we played an indoor sort of smear the queer (I think I bruised up the 3 year old real good)

No comments: