Friday, June 15, 2007

Call Me Giddy

Sometimes I get like a 14 year old schoolgirl when it comes to the music I listen to. You know what that's like (we all did it with N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye", come on admit it), when you listen to a song over and over and over and over again, until after the first day of listening to it you know all the words. So I haven't memorized the words yet, but I can't stop listening to the first two singles that were released by the Editors from their upcoming album "An End Has A Start." The songs "Smokers outside the hospital doors" and the title track "An end has a start" are two amazing songs. I know that this does not mean that the whole album is going to be great, but I can't wait for the album to drop (I love using pop culture terms in my blog) on July 17, probably my second most anticipated album of the year after Bloc Party (and that one did not disappoint).

On other music listening notes, the first single from the new Pela album, "Lost to the Lonesome" is another awesome song that I can't stop listening to. Oh man that Father's Day present (I already know what it is) will help this album to be another great digital addition to my collection.

For those of you who are not aware of this (probably my over 65 readers only), if you want to listen to more then just a 30 second clip of the songs mentioned above, go to the artist's myspace page (links provided) and you can listen (and get hooked) to the songs for free. Now, where's my Webkinz, I have to digitally feed him.

No comments: