Tuesday, June 12, 2007

5.0 and Falling


I think the introduction of this parent scale was a huge mistake. I went from around a 6.5 to now below 5.0. I think I am currently at around a 4.5 after the latest incident. We have Peanut M&M's as a reward for my daughter going to the bathroom on the toilet. Now technically I am not supposed to have any of these, but let's face it, I go to the bathroom enough in one day to warrant at least one of those puppies. So I picked one out of the bin and Maddie saw me do this. She proceeded to point her finger at me and say, "What the crap are you doing?" Now I am not a parental expert, but I'm sure a 3 year old saying that sentence is just a slight indication that my parenting skills aren't even close to cracking the 8-10 mark on the scale. As a side note, that is a phrase that is used by my wife, not by me, so while I take the hit on the parenting scale, she definitely shares in the blame.

No comments: