Wednesday, August 1, 2007

You're afraid of what?


Kids go through many stages of fear where each stage has a different character; monsters, boogey men, Nick Nolte, and men with clip on ties. Now my daughter has claimed to have feared many things from bats to robots (not sure why she is afraid of this one), but last night was the weirdest one yet. After her bath my wife started to comb her hair and she began to get squirmy. My wife asked her what was wrong and she explained, "I'm afraid of coins in the bathroom." Now I had just emptied some coins out of my pocket right before the kids got into the bath, so that explains the coins in the bathroom, but I have not idea why coins in the bathroom would cause fear. In fact, I can think of many people that would ecstatic to find some money in their bathroom. Anyway, not sure if there is a phobia for this, maybe coinandflushobia (sorry that was really bad), but I hope she can get over her fear as this could cause some problems later in life, believe me I know.

No comments: