Sunday, August 26, 2007

Family Reunion

We had two main reasons for heading home this time of the season, the first had to do with my niece's wedding, the second had to do with my side of the family was having a reunion. Folks were coming from China (that would be us), Australia, Holland, Curacao, and from different parts of the US. So while it was only a gathering of about 20 or so people, it was a pretty big deal for all of us to be getting together. It was good to see the family and to have them enjoy Maddie and Jacob, we got to have one night of Indonesian food (my grandmother's speciality), we went out one night for steak and crab cakes and then we had a BBQ one night. The highlight for our family from the Caribbean was going to a local Chinese Buffet, which for some reason they really enjoyed (yes being that I was on vacation from China, I did not go near the place, I was enjoying some down time from Chinese Food).

No comments: