Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Ride Home

I want to start by saying that at this point my wife and kids were going to be staying in the US for another 3 weeks so I was on my own for the flight home).

I had planned my trips so that I would have 1.5 hours of a layover in Chicago on my way home from Baltimore to Shanghai. Turns out that my flight from Baltimore to Chicago was delayed 1.25 hours and while I didn't think I would make my Shanghai flight, they assured me I would have time. Well we landed at around 10:15 (my Shanghai flight was at 10:36) and they opened the doors to leave the plane at around 10:22, so I had about 14 minutes to get to my flight. I sprinted right out of the gate and ran as fast as I could about 300 yards to my Shanghai flight gate and it turns out that they were waiting for me and another passenger from the Baltimore flight, but they were about to close the gates. I ran onto the plane and was a little out of breath only to find that the plane was less then half full. I took pleasure in knowing that I would not have to sit next to anyone on my flight especially because I was a little sweaty from my run. The flight went okay, it was really long (14 hours) and the fact that I forgot my Ipod along with the audio in my seat not working at all made the flight all the more longer (imagine, no personal music and not even having the chance to catch some of the in flight entertainment). I brought a lot along to read, but I wish I could have had something else to listen to during my time on the flight. The other big thing was that I had a stuffy sinuses during the whole flight and when we were landing my sinuses felt like they were going to explode, I have never had this feeling (and I have had stuffy noses before), but I couldn't believe the feeling, it was pretty bad.

No comments: