Sunday, August 26, 2007

I didn't expect that


One story that I didn't mention from the trip home happened in the parking lot of Walmart (come on now, get your heads out of the gutter). My wife, a cousin of mine from Curacao, and I were sitting in our car waiting for our other cousins to finish shopping at Walmart. While waiting I was just doing some people watching. I noticed a couple (probably in their mid 30's) walking to their car and the man was wearing jorts (jean shorts for all of you who are not in the know), I noted to myself that jorts have been out of style (sorry to all you jorts readers out there)...well they were never in style and chuckled to myself over this. I looked away and then all of the sudden heard a man say unusually loud, "Oh!" I looked over and noticed that the man's jorts had fallen completely off of him and onto the ground. Now the man had a bag in each hand so he couldn't immediately catch the pants when falling or immediately pull them up. While this was hilarious in itself, it was also funny to watch as his girlfriend started to crack up and laugh at the guy. It was at this moment I told my wife and cousin to look and I couldn't have picked a worse time. The guy puts down his bags, bends over, only to reveal that he was not wearing any undergarments. It was then that my wife let out a scream that resembled something of laughter/terror and I was speechless. Note that this would have been an opportune time to let a "hey good looking" whistle, but I totally missed the chance....oh well I am ready the next time it happens.


I always wondered how gravity always worked in favor of jorts. I mean I have seen so many people that wear baggy pairs of jorts and yet have only seen a falling down incident once in my life. There must be something in the combination of cotton and denim that makes them defy gravity...maybe NASA should look into this for all astronauts, eliminating many of those embarrassing space walk incidents of the past.

No comments: