Sunday, August 26, 2007

California


Our first stop was Northern California for my niece's wedding, my niece by the way is older then me, many people are confused by this fact, but I think its cool. We met Renee's parents at the airport and then drove north of Sacramento to Roseville. Over the next couple of days we would gradually be meeting more and more of Renee's family that I had never met. So I put on my happy face and tried to do my best to remember the names of all the people we were meeting. Her family is great and really nice, so it was good that not only did I get to meet them, but also that they got to meet Maddie and Jacob. We all had fun hanging out before the wedding and getting to know people.


While the highlight of the trip was definitely the wedding, I must say that I found my new favorite supermarket in the world. The former champion was Wegmans, but alas I found a new market, Nugget Market, in Roseville that takes grocering to the next level. The employees were extremely nice, actually genuinely nice as opposed to the clearly forced courtesy you get in most places. The market was clean, produce looked fresh, great selection of items, all over just a really great grocery store that I would actually want to go to (I'm not a fan of most run of the mill supermarkets).

No comments: