Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Knife Picking

Last week on my way home from work I was on my usual walk from the Science and Technology Museum to home and noticed the regular street vendors selling their street foods. For those of you who are not familiar with the street food vendors they sell things like lamb kabobs (at least one hopes the meat is lamb), noodles, fried rice, some kind of sweet cake thing in a large block, vegetables, other small treats, and cut up fruits (just to name a few). I noticed that there was one street vendor sitting behind his cart on a little hill picking his teeth. As I inched closer I noticed that he was picking his teeth with a big knife. Just so happens that this vendor was selling cut cantaloupe (or some fruit that tastes and looks like cantaloupe). Just to clarify, the previous evening I physically saw the same guy cutting up the cantaloupe with the same knife that he was currently picking his teeth with. Yum, can't wait to try that cantaloupe fresh with some tooth plague.

No comments: