Sunday, August 26, 2007

FREAKING Awesome

My informants in the US (informants being my wife and my parents) have told me that Maddie is learning all kinds of new words being in the US and hearing all the conversations going on around her. Well, she has also learned some not so good words, specifically related to my wife driving in the US. I am told that the other day she tried to open a door and the door wouldn't open. Upon finding out that she was not able to crack open the door, she kicked the door and yelled "Freaking Door!" Remember the parent scale that I had going, I was around a 4 on the last reading, well this incident brings me down to a 3. While kind of cute that my daughter would say freaking, if she is saying that at 3, I can't imagine what she will be saying at 13. Needless to say, my wife is trying to encourage her to stop saying that.

All the while, every time she says it both my parents turn to Renee to say "I didn't teach her that." You see there is something about grandparents, you see they tend to corrupt your grandkids. In corrupting I mean, they give in whenever the grand kids cries, they buy them candy and give them what they want more then a parent would. Basically the more time you child spends with the grandparents the more spoiled they get. So naturally we have asked our parents to try not to spoil the kids or do things for them that we wouldn't do for them. As a result, anytime Maddie picks up a bad habit my parents either accept blame or immediately turn to us to tell us that "I didn't teach her that."

No comments: