Sunday, August 26, 2007

All alone.....

So I got back to my apartment after my trip to walk into a completely clean (good), but empty apartment (bad). It was this mix of emotions of feeling good to be home while at the same time having something missing from home (my family).

As much as I thought it would be good to have some time away from my family, not that I was looking forward to it, rather I was thinking it would be some good relaxation time. Turns out it really stinks being away from the family. It is one thing to be on a business trip, which I have done a good amount, it's another thing to have to come home to an empty 20th floor apartment each night with no one around. As much as it is hard sometimes to have 2 kids running all around and sometimes driving you crazy, its another to be away from the family for 3 weeks. Conceptually its good because Renee and the kids get some extra time in the States while I can keep working, it is just not that easy and not that fun. Oh well, I can just continue to count down the days.

No comments: