Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Wedding

The wedding was an outdoor wedding at a country club. The weather ended up being great (some people were worried it would be too hot, but it wasn't too bad). I didn't get to see much of the ceremony as Maddie and Jacob wanted to play, but from what I heard it was really nice. The reception was also very very nice, the food was surprisingly good and Maddie and Jacob had a great time dancing. I even danced with my father in law's sister, Aunt Lu Lu and everyone in the family now says that I am her favorite, turns out I do know how to butter up the family.

Funniest part of the wedding (for me) was that they had the kids sitting outside of the reception area. They ate first (customary) and then the food was served to the adults. The only down side to serving the kids first was that they were done way before all the adults. Midway through the adult's meal the place brought out the desserts and they set them right in front of the window in front of the kids. So the kids had to suffer staring at the desserts while the adults finished their meal. I would glance over every once and a while and notice that there would be 2 or three kids with their faces planted on the window drooling over the desserts and looking like they were suffering, pretty classic.

No comments: