Tuesday, March 13, 2007

One other reason why smoking kills...

On my nice walk to the subway this morning I saw a man with a cigarette in his mouth. Now, this is not an unusual sight here in China, but I still found myself trying to get some good distance between myself and this man. No, it just wasn't because of the deadly second hand smoke that might cause my body to stop functioning, rather it was the fact that he was carrying around a FULL GAS CAN!!!!!!! I'm not an scientific expert, but I do know enough to realize that a full gas can and a lit cigarette are not good to mix together. I guess that is what the Chinese are talking about when they talk about post Chinese New Year's fireworks.

IN: 300. I'm actually not into movies like 300, and after seeing the previews it does not change my views. Although I do tend to watch most of the blockbuster hits just to keep up with the buzz, and since a DVD is about 1 buck over here in China, I will probably plan on getting the DVD sometime in May when a good version of the movie hits the street. The movie made over 70millionUSD on its first weekend, which is pretty good since it only cost them 60millionUSD to make. The visuals look like it has been done before, the blatant killing has definitely been done before, so I still am skeptical if this movie has any staying power, but, despite what I think, its "in" right now, so go see it if you have the chance.

OUT: This "out" is understandably about 2 months overdue, but anything related to Anna Nicole Smith is very out. Listen everyone, she is cooked, she did not do anything in her life of significance, so I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. Actually, I would rather watch a news story on a man carrying around a full can of gasoline with a lit cigarette then anything on Anna Nicole Smith. Just barry her and get this stupid drama over with. By the way, my bets are on OJ as the father, yes my friends, that's how bad the reporting has gotten related to this.

No comments: