Sunday, March 25, 2007

I believe the children are our.....weathermen

Hispanic children to be exact, confused, well hold that thought. First, to Mr. Al Gore, your whole "scientific theory" about global warming is quite nice if you want to believe in such witchery as carbon monoxide is creating a hole in the ozone (hello, all good scientists would tell you that its from beetles and cows passing gas). Mr. Gore would also like you to think that all these weather anomalies over these past couple of years are because of this supposed global warming (note the Tsunami, major hurricanes, Nintendo Wii outselling PS3). Well, I think we have all been mislead, yes even the Academy of Motion Picture, Art and Science (we all know that the freaky movie Jesus Camp was the clear winner of best documentary), in fact the weird weather we have been experiencing has nothing to do with global warming, au cont rare (that's french....I think), the wacky weather has been due to two studious young Hispanic children, for anonymity lets call these kids El Nino and La Nina. In fact we can pinpoint the weather problems of the world over the last 10 years to these two pesky kids. The goods news, I can continue to drive my Canyonaro (mileage: 0 city, 1 highway) and not have to worry about skin cancer, the bad news, I have to dump re-fried beans into the ocean in order to keep El Nino and La Nina in a good mood.

IN: Chalk - This NCAA tournament is almost too predictable, to prove it, I am 2 for 2 on the first two final four entrants and I have a great chance of going 4 for 4, this definitely would not make El Nino happy. Yes I am happy that the first March Madness that I was not in the States did not have too much parody. Granted, there were a good amount of close and down to the wire games, but in the end the big guy is winning (I mean Oregon is the major underdog left in the tourney, Oregon?). I know, the NCAA selection committee awarded a lot of the mid majors games against other mid majors in order to eliminate the mid majors more quickly and there were some mid majors like Butler and Southern Illinois that were really high seeds and not really seen as dark horses, but if I get all 4 final four selections, I can officially say that this has been the least exciting tournament of my life (I will update you tomorrow when the remaining 2 games get results). So to you chalk, congrats, I always thought your days were numbered (especially with the dry erase boards taking over), but you should really be thankful to the BCS muscle schools who are flexing their weight around in 2007, also you can thank the public school system (they will never get rid of chalkboards). **UPDATE** I went 4 for 4!!! For the first time ever I have correctly predicted who would get there. I know I am not that only one (I mean who could not predict two #1's and two #2's), but after numerous years of only getting one or two, I can say I feel I got some confidence back.

OUT: 2002 1st round QB drafts. (note that sports dominated in and out today, sorry to all those parties not interested) For all you NFL teams looking to make a big splash in the 1st round of 2007, here is something you can reflect on, the 2002 1st round QB's were (drum roll) David Carr (No. 1), Joey Harrington (No. 3), and Patrick Ramsey (No. 32). Please don't pass out from amazement, but that is how the ball rolled that year and look where those guys are. Carr was asked to leave Houston (now in his defense the Houston teams STUNK and they had not line, I actually think this guy is a legit backup who can be an asset to a team for insurance when the 1st QB goes down, just have a half decent line and he could even get a second chance), Harrington was slightly redeemed in Miami after looking like Ryan Leaf in Detroit (his passing yardage is amazing, but still makes really stupid mistakes), and Ramsey is no longer considered a legitimate starter anywhere (Denver brought him in this year to maybe compete for the backup job behind Cutler, most likely will be 3rd stringer). I think all of these guys will be journey men and might stick around for another years, but just think with that No 1 and No 3 pick you could have had the following perennial pro bowl players: Julius Peppers, Dwight Freeney, and Ed Reed to name a few.

No comments: