Monday, March 12, 2007

I am still American and I am still Fat

Early this morning I woke up without a shirt on (to me this was a mystery, I never sleep with a shirt off, so maybe the shirt stealing fairy took it away from me last night....I have already been called to be on the next installment of unsolved mysteries with Robert Stack....that show really freaked me out as a kid). Back to the story, so I usually wake up before anybody else in the house. When Maddie woke up and came out to the living room, in her groggy state she said, "Daddy, you're not dressed (mind you I had pants on)....that's funny," in which she then began to giggle.

Some conclusions that came from this:
  • Even though I have lost 50 pounds over here in China, I am still an overweight slob (5'9 200lbs)
  • Showing off my upper body without a shirt is comical (even to 2 1/2 year olds)
  • Why isn't Unsolved Mysteries still on primetime network TV? This was the best non-reality, reality TV show on at 8pm on Wednesdays night on NBC back in 1992.

Good luck world, my daughter has already mastered the art of bringing people down with humor.

IN: We are only a couple of hours removed from the NCAA tournament selection, get your bracket here. March Madness is definitely in right now, starting Tuesday night (see my prior post as to how to make this whole one big first round of fun) people will begin to forget that they have a life outside of college basketball and begin to make sure their IT department hasn't blocked CBS Sportsline.com. Me, I used to fill out different brackets, now I just fill out one bracket, enter many contests and go along with the ride. So to everyone who's lives stop for about 3 weeks beginning this week enjoy (by the way, they don't show the games on TV so I am proceeding to CBS Sportsline to see if I can sign up to watch the games). UPDATE: So I just went to the website and put in my username and password from last year, SCORE...it worked, I will update you all if the games actually come through (if you are a gambling man, my best upset pick, Winthrop over Notre Dame, just look at Winthrop's only 4 losses, not too shabby). You will have to wait to find out my pick to win it all. **UPDATE** Earlier this morning I checked into CBSsportsline.com and I'm in. This is truly awesome, I get to watch at least the first 2 rounds over here in China this is a great taste of home. By the way, I am also enjoying the advertisements, since they are all new to me.

OUT: Offices that block out CBS Sportsline during the NCAA's. As of last year, CBS began to allow its viewers to watch any game over the Internet at anytime (so if your team is not in your region, you can dial up the Internet and partake), this my friends is officially awesome. To counter this, many Company's across the States had their IT department block these websites to halt down productivity, and they are already doing it again this year. To the capitalists of the world, this blocking of CBS and a person's rights to watch the best sporting event in the world, is so last year (where is the UN on this one, isn't this simply a human rights violation, come on guys drop what's going on in Darfur...okay that's not funny, what's going on in Darfur is much more serious). Bottom line if someone really wants to follow the games, they will track the scores on an unblocked website, they will listen to it on the radio, or they will even go out for a long lunch to partake. So, Company's around the US, just give in, give your peeps a little break from the boring work they hate to do, just think you can be one of the "cool" Company's that people brag that they are allowed to watch the games without any problem from management. It will actually make the people appreciate the mundane work they do all 360 days throughout the rest of the year.

No comments: