Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I swear, my daughter is not a racist

Yesterday while I was playing with my daughter, she did something right and I congratulated her with the ever so famous Arsenio Hall Woo Woo (please stay on topic, I understand that this should never ever be done by anyone else in the world). Now, my daughter is just over 2 1/2 years old, and since Arsenio Hall has not been famous since the early 1990's, she has no idea who he is. With that in mind, my daughter exclaimed, "Daddy, you look like a monkey." So first, while I was doing something made famous by Arsenio Hall (check that, I think it is a complete oxymoron to use famous and Arsenio Hall in the same sentence), my daughter was identifying me, not Arsenio as the monkey, and second, I now understand why Arsenio only had his 15 minutes of fame. Nonetheless, Maddie is right, I did look like a monkey while I was doing it. So the next time a 2 1/2 year old is watching the archived episodes of Arsenio Hall (okay, so this might not ever happen in the future) and exclaims that "He looks like a monkey" I can scientifically prove to that parent that their child is not a racist, rather they are not only saying a factual statement, but they are also on their way to being a great television critic.

IN: Dark Chocolate - yet again this proves that I am being objective, cause I absolutely hate Dark Chocolate. Unfortunately, it is definitely the IN chocolate (sorry milk, white, and semisweet chocolate). There have been some recent articles that say that dark chocolate is actually healthy for you, so people are climbing onto the band wagon. Unfortunately that band wagon won't get too far because all the people are overweight from eating FREAKING CHOCOLATE. Yes, the reality is dark chocolate is still chocolate, thus those of you who are looking to dark chocolate for its health benefits are probably also the people that are looking at a taco salad for its health benefits. For anyone who thinks that they will all the sudden get healthy from eating dark chocolate, please feel free to indulge until you can't even shop at Lane Bryant (more like Lame Bryant) UPDATE: As a quick aside, Lane Bryant is a very cool store and great people are shopping there, so don't be offended cause I mentioned that store, only be offended if you are on the dark chocolate diet.

OUT: Arsenio Hall's Woo Woo - I realize I am about 17 years too late on this one, but believe me there are still people that do this (try checking out the background of any major sporting event). So to those of who use it (ala me) you are totally out, it's not even close to being in. In fact, even if you are using it in a sarcastic manner or to make fun of a nerd, you are still 100% out. Thus, this entry rings in the death of the Woo Woo, sorry all you Arsenio fans (hey, he did do a good supporting role in "Coming to America.")

No comments: