Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Background

Since this blogging thing is new to me, you will have to excuse me for assuming that my only readers will be those close friends and family. In the event that there is someone out there actually trying to view every website on the world wide web (the term surfing the web was popular back in my day, 2001 that is) I neglected to give a little background on me.

My name is Matt Gerkens and I have an amazing wife (Renee) and two awesome kids, Maddie (2 1/2) and Jacob (8 months). I have been married for coming up on 5 years (uh oh, the wood anniversary, looks like I will have to carve something nice for Renee). When Renee and I got married we began our marriage in Baltimore, MD, my home town. Maddie was born in Baltimore and things were great there. I had a chance to take a job opportunity in Shanghai, China in October of 2005, so in April of 2006 we moved over here to China and this is where we currently reside, far far away from Baltimore. We had Jacob while over here and are really enjoying our time (missing things from the US, but we have adjusted in many areas).

So that is a little bit about me. I felt the need to tell as there may be stories on this thing related to the goings ons in China, and a random reader would be like, what the heck is he talking about?

No comments: