Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Worst Guide Dog Ever


I had a meeting with a client in another part of the downtown area of the city. The taxi dropped me off across the street from the client's building, so as I waited for the light to turn green for me to cross, I saw a blind man with a dog coming towards me. I stepped forward out of his way and stood next to the street light pole. Well I heard the blind man start to speak to the dog a little bit more and then an old lady stepped in front of me and looked at me then at the dog with a concerned stare. Taking note of that stare, I turned around to note that the dog was basically peeing on me. I believe the dog was trying to pee on the pole, but in fact, the dog must have been as blind as the owner because the dog was trying to pee on me. If this was a seeing person, I probably would have been mad at the person, but being that the guy was blind, I didn't take offense to his dog peeing on me. Luckily the dog not only missed the pole but mostly missed peeing on me, which makes me conclude that it is probably not the best dog to be guiding a blind guy around.

No comments: