Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I can't stop smelling myself???


To my knowledge I have not changed the brand or the flavor (is it a flavor or smell?) of my deodorant since around 1997. I have really liked my deodorant and have not had any particular reason to change, so I have kept it the same. Today, I found out why deodorant brands have such long shelf lives. Renee had bought me some new deodorant during her time in Singapore because I was running out of deodorant here in China (and you basically cannot find deodorant here in China unless you want to pay $12 for a stick). So this morning I tried on the new deodorant and I have quickly figured out why people don't change deodorants. Basically, I had gotten so used to the smell of my old deodorant that I never even noticed wearing it, today I have been smelling the deodorant all day long. Every time someone passes me or every time I move around, I get a wiff of myself and, while it smells good, it is weird. The even weirder thing is, when I go back to my old deodorant, I will also be smelling myself…maybe I should just take the China approach and just not wear any…maybe not.

No comments: