Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My House Smells Like Easter Eggs...


Well at least it smells like the stuff that you dip the Easter Eggs in. I think the Easter Egg dye is basically vinegar with food coloring (at least if my memory serves me correctly). We had a bunch of new furniture that has been delivered to our house last week, with all the wood furniture, the stain on the wood is fairly new so we have some strong fumes floating around the house (the only good thing from the fumes is that my kids sleep later in the morning, this I presume results from them sucking in the fumes all night long). To eliminate the fumes, we read that it is good to put vinegar near the source of the smells. The only problem is you are replacing the bad smell of stained furniture with the awkward yet strong smell of vinegar. So I am not sure vinegar takes away the smell, but it definitely replaces the bad smell of stained furniture. I guess all I need to do is fry up some potatoes so my house smells like Thrashers…that might actually be a good thing.

No comments: