Wednesday, March 18, 2009

'Nova and the Tourney


So my boys (Villanova) are a number 3 seed in the east bracket for the 2009 tournament. They open on Thursday night (Friday morning here in China) against the Patriot League champion, American University as a 14 seed in the east bracket. For the past couple of years I have accurately predicted how far my boys have advanced in the tournament, so I feel some pressure in getting it right this year. As I am all about disclosure, I feel like this year I have to publish how far they are going to get so that I can actually prove to all you readers (just me) that I have a pulse for what is going on with my team. So without further ado here I go:

I had to think long and hard before I committed them getting out of the first round. American will be a dangerous team, and if my boys think just because they are playing in Philly that they should be able to beat them, then they might find themselves in trouble. If they stay focused and understand that American is not going to be a pushover, they should be fine. I ultimately decided that they can beat American, in fact I think they can get to the sweet sixteen again this year. Unfortunately I feel like they will not be able to get past the sweet sixteen. Ultimately, this would be a little disappointing, but they would really have to be playing at the top of their game to get past the sweet sixteen and I just don't see it happening. So there you go, I am a homer, but I am also a realist, so we shall see if I am right again this year…we'll see. Tune in tomorrow for my official upset pick.

No comments: