Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ye Olde...Songjiang?


I have been working in a suburb of Shanghai called Songjiang. There are a couple of things that have attracted people to Songjiang that makes it appealing: cheaper housing then Shanghai (yet fairly close), cleaner air, tax benefits (for companies), and the creative housing that is being built.

You might have read ariticles on Thames Town, a villa community that is built to look like England, and they actually did a good job of it. I was able to visit there during my lunch break and here are some pictures, enjoy:

Not sure if the church is real or just for show, but it's nice.

At least one car is facing the right direction (if you were in the UK).


Knot quite Knotting Hill.

Thames Town is located in the New City of Songjiang. From what I have seen and been told by my client, the only thing that Old City Songjiang offers is some nice bridges, which I got some pictures of below:


No comments: