Friday, May 25, 2007

What am I dreaming?

I woke up in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago and remembered vividly the dream that I just had, this is a bloggable experience as I never remember the stupid stuff running through my subconcious. Anyway, I was sitting poolside (where, I have no idea) and all the sudden there was this guy on a bike who rode the bike right into the pool and on top of that he was actually able (cause he was peddaling so hard) to ride his bike across the pool. It was some kind of Jesus meets X Games Bike Riding type of moment. There were about 3 or 4 other people who did it, not sure who the people were, but I just remember that I was mesmorized each time it happened, actually I still am mesmorized by it.

Not sure if its being innundated by all the bikes here in China that got the dream going, but it sure is weird that out of my entire life I remember a stupid dream like this one (why I couldn't remember those dreams where I had a great idea and became a millionaire is beyond me).

IN: LOST Season Finale, I'll admit I haven't actually watched it yet, but from what I hear it's a doosy. I recognize that the show is a little frustrating cause it doesn't do a good job of answering the questions like the general one of, "what the heck is going on?" But from what I hear they do a good job of grabbing the fans back into the idea of watching another season with this show. I'm a little surly that they will have only 16 episode seasons from here on out with the next one not starting until January 2008, but what can I do.

OUT: $5.15 federal minimum wage. Actually, most if not all states have already increased their statewide minimum wage, but now Congress signed a bill to increase the minimum wage to $7.25 over a 2 year period. Not sure what this means with the whole immigration bill that was just signed. I think we are going to be adding about another 10million US citizens with the immigration bill, and if they are added with the new minimum wage of $7.25, where does that money come from? The minimum wage is a stupid thing to start off with, as if someone could even live off of $7.25 an hour. Do the math, at $7.25 an hour working a 60 hour work week (not too many people do this) for 50 weeks out of the year is $21,750, wow good luck living off of that. Oh and don't get me wrong, I am not for a living wage. I am just saying that it is junk to even increase the minimum wage. Basically the US loses jobs when it is increased, we don't gain jobs. So when the minimum wage is increased, there are less jobs for the unskilled to even pursue, making more unskilled family's incomes even lower. So it just does not make sense to me.

No comments: