Monday, May 14, 2007

The Review

On those weeks when happenings are really slow over here, I am committed to at least giving you all a week in review, so here goes:

For the first time....
Other people find my wife, Renee, really humorous, me on the other hand, well for some reason I just don't. Not sure if this is a husband thing across the board or if this is just a me thing, but she will say things that other people laugh hysterically at and I will sit there thinking, "well that's not funny at all." But it happened, for the first time I chuckled out loud at a comment that my wife made (okay so it probably wasn't the first time ever, but it is such a rare occasion that I had to note it). To be honest I don't remember exactly what was said, but she used a play on what I said in order to get me up and help her. So I give my wife props on her quipiness.

You're not my wife...
We had a house guest this week, a woman, from the US. She is a candidate for the youth ministry position here in China. She is pretty much a straight shooter when it comes to telling people stuff, so I had to watch what I said or otherwise I was going to have a wisecrack made at me, I always thought that was reserved for a guys friends and wives, but I guess not.

3 Days in 1 Week!!
Get your minds out of the gutter, I'm talking about the NFL draft. This is kind of old news, but ESPN is working with the NFL to see if they can extend the draft to a third day. This reason I bring this up is I just included the idea in an email. I already believe that there is a God (and that he is awesome for that matter), but this would be like God's manna to me, a third day of the draft, a primetime Friday edition sounds good to me. In fact they could call it "The Really Good Friday," (okay, maybe not).

Mothers Day
Big ups to Renee, the mother of my children, she is an awesome wife and mother. Also to my mom and grandmoms for helping mold me into the Pulitzer prize blogger that I am.

Thank You for Smoking
This is one of those movies that kind of fell through the cracks, that not too many people saw, and they missed out. Man what a great movie this was, if you haven't seen it go out and see it, I can't believe it, in the past year I got to see Little Miss Sunshine and Thank You for Smoking, literally the last good comedy movie before these puppies was The Royal Tenanbaums, now I can sound like I actually watch movies.

The Wager
I officially have a wager with one Desmond Huntington over who will be better this year, the O's or the Pirates. Despite these last couple of days with the O's, I still stand strong with my prediction that they will end up around .500, I really don't think the Pirates can hang with .500 (they play Milwaukee a bunch, and they play the White Sox and Angels in inter-league). We'll see, some DSD's and MTO's are on the line, so let's go O's.

No comments: