Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm a movie star...not really

The other day I was in the burbs of Shanghai (a big deal since Shanghai is so massive) in Songjiang. I was out at a client location and when lunch rolled around, he took us to a hotel that was on the set of a film studio. Now as you might already know I am quite the radio superstar with an appearance on Ira Glass's This American Life (circa 1998) and with many calls into sports talk shows.

I figure with this visit I could expand my super stardom to the ever so famous Chinese Soap Operas. When we were pulling into the studio hotel, there was about 200 people waiting outside the studio, they were all waiting to get the chance to be an extra or get a part in the movie. Me myself, I guess I thought I could just get out of the car and get noticed. Well....that didn't happen, nope, no there was no 9mm made of the true greatness in acting that is otherwise known as me, but who knows, I will be there later in May, so maybe I still got a shot.

No comments: