Monday, October 13, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Okay, so I have not totally given up on this thing, I promise. I have been around, we have had people in town over the last month and it just makes it hard to put some entries into this thing. A quick update of the past month:

  • So my last post had to do with getting up to watch football, well since then the Ravens won two in a row…and then lost 3 in a row. This team is still going to struggle to get to 6 wins even with 2 already under their belt.
  • I had some meetings in Hong Kong and Southern China, and was able to do a short day trip to Macau. This was my first time there and I will share a little more with some pictures on a later post.
  • We celebrated Maddie and Jacob's birthdays…3 months after the fact. Actually, most of their friends were gone when their birthdays happened in June, so it was a good time to have it in September. We had a clown that made balloon animals and a magician, which is something we could never afford in the US, but over here the price is insanely low.
  • Our niece came to visit us from California. She was here for 10 days and both Renee and I had a chance to show her around. It was fun, she was willing to try new things like a motorcycle ride and some street food, so it was good to have a visitor who was open to trying different things (like most of our guests)
  • We had a week long holiday the first week of October. We were taking care of a little baby during this week, so that is what kept us busy despite the fact that I had the week off.
  • The baseball season is over, I was wrong with my prediction for the Orioles, they actually ended up winning 68 games, although they played the last month of the season the way I thought they would be playing the whole season. Oh well, at least they beat my prediction.
  • We had some good friends from the US visit us this past week, even though I had to work, it was a lot of fun. Renee and them got to go to Beijing, this was Renee's first time and from what I heard they all had a great time. We had some great conversations with them and got some good hang out time.

All in all, this is one of the first weeks that Renee and I will be without a guest staying at our house, so while things have not been really busy, it will be a little more normal not having non-family members hanging around the house. There have been a lot of stories that I have missed out on putting into this blog, so I hope that I can remember them and add them in, otherwise I will keep you all up to date with the goings ons over here.

No comments: