Friday, October 31, 2008

Is there something wrong here?


I stumbled on this picture from the consumerist.com website. Even though I am not in the States, I do know that Christmas decorations began to come out basically after summer was over. I love that they are having a pre-holiday sale and they can include like 3 or 4 different holidays and be ambiguous about it. Actually there is a small part of me that misses the whole consumerism that Christmas has become. Don't get me wrong, being able to avoid all that chaos that comes with the Christmas Holiday is not fun, but there is something about walking around my neighbourhood with houses all decorated for Christmas and seeing the interesting Christmas commercials that come out (including the classic old ones like the Folgers commercial from the 80's where the guy surprises his family by coming home on Christmas), anyway, I am somewhat looking forward to experiencing that for the first time in a couple of years. I'm sure I will be over it quickly, but in the land of tacky Christmas-esque stuff, a little down home Americana will be good.

No comments: