Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's Broked

On Sunday night I was getting out of bed to get a drink of water when all of the sudden my right leg gives out from under me. Since I was in a haze I didn't notice that my right leg was asleep, probably from sleeping on it the wrong way. So I collapsed much like a newborn calf would do when they are first trying to stand. Again since I am only half awake, I start getting up and notice that there is a throbbing pain coming from my right foot. My wife woke up in the same hazy state and was babbling words that I had not idea what she was saying as she was still waking up. I just told her to not worry about it and she rolled over and went right back into her REM sleep. After icing it overnight, I woke up and I could hardly walk normally on it so decided to go to the doctor in the morning.

Come to find out that I broke my pinkie toe last night. In the grand scheme of things, it is not a big deal, but it is pretty annoying. My first doctor's appointment just confirmed via an x-ray that I had a broken toe, the next appointment as described in my next post, was an interesting one with my interesting doctor finally deciding to put me in a cast, so I've been sidelined for 2 weeks on crutches. Now I am not a crutches expert, but after going like 200 feet on those things I am quite winded, it either shows that I am really out of shape or it shows that crutches are not as helpful as they were designed. Oh well, it will be a good workout during these next couple of weeks.

No comments: