Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Whole Milk and....

Last night was by far the weirdest grocery shopping I have ever done. I wanted to get a couple of final things before my wife and family arrive today so I went shopping for whole milk and ham. Yes that's right, whole milk and ham, it is the kind of combination that would make nutritionists around the world cringe. Just to justify my purchases, the whole milk is for my two kids and the ham is just in case the family arrives and they are hungry so they can make sandwiches, but let's all face it, if someone was in line in front of you at the grocery store, you might give them some weird looks for their purchase of whole milk and ham (note that if I was getting green eggs in place of the whole milk, all would be right with the world). Anyway, I proudly stood in the checkout line flashing my milk and ham for all to see and even had someone clap for me (or were they just doing Tai Chi?).

No comments: