Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Learn to Appreciate Mediocrity


As I have mentioned my wife and I spent some time in Hong Kong last week. On Friday night we went on an adventure to find Ben and Jerry's ice cream (something that is not readily available here in Shanghai). We also went out to see the famed light show in Hong Kong that night. It starts each night at around 8pm and I was looking forward to see how they integrate 18 different buildings and shoot out lights and lasers. Well about 3 minutes into it Renee was not thoroughly impressed by the cool display and so we decided to leave and continue our adventure to find ice cream, yes we wanted to find ice cream over a really popular tourist attraction. My wife and I agreed that the light show did not blow us away, but now that I think about it, we should have stayed and watched the action. So all I have to say that is sometimes we need to sit back and enjoy mediocrity like the Hong Kong light show. I guess my wife and I just need to learn to appreciate mediocre tourist attractions (and probably also learn to not make plans around finding ice cream).

No comments: