Wednesday, September 19, 2007

#100, Typhoons, and Slingn' it

Celebrate Good Times!! Yes, I have finally made it to 100 entries, and I know that the 3 readers that have been following this blog are so excited. Anyway, I want to thank my family, my friend Ttam Kergens, and the big man up stairs (no really, we live on the 20th floor apartment and there is like a 400lb guy on the 21st floor, he really inspired me to keep on writing). So yes, hopefully I can make it all the way to entry 101 without getting writers block.

In other Matt news, Tyhpoon Wipha came whipping through Shanghai, actually by the time it got through Shanghai it was only a tropical storm. This would otherwise be just another tropical storm with the exception that I had to fly to Singapore today. Last year I flew into a typhoon, now I am flying out of one. Well I got out of Shanghai without a problem, luckily the typhoon headed farther inland then originally expected and weakened, or else I might have spent a lot of time at the airport. By the way, I flew on Singapore Airlines, which is by far the best airline in the world, their planes, service, food, and entertainment trump any other competitors.

After calling Renee to tell her that I landed safely, I wasn't quite feeling sleepy so I headed down to the bar in the hotel, conveniently named, The Bar, they actually have live jazz music, and it is quite the classy place. Anyway, I went in, listened to some jazz music, and had myself a Singapore Sling (a drink famous here in Singapore, if that wasn't obvious). It was my first sling and it was pretty good (a little girly, but that's what I like).

As a final note, I took the subway from the airport into town and at one of the random stops I was looking out the window and noticed a neon sign that said BJ Massage, I mean can you be anymore obvious as to what goes on at that joint?

No comments: