Sunday, September 23, 2007

Singapore Day #1


Of course I am here in Singapore for work, but luckily we have some free time to roam around town in the evening. So for our first evening we stopped in one of the hawker centers in town and got some local grub. I got some chicken hor fun with mushrooms and it wasn't too bad. We then went back to the area around the hotel because one of our taxi drivers told us that the Orchard Towers was a pretty neat place. Well, basically we walked in the place and noticed some very tightly dressed women "working" in the place and we just turned around and left. We then headed to an Irish pub for the evening and enjoyed some nice Singapore Sling's (I know at an Irish Pub, but hey, everyone sells them around town). During our time at the pub, I told my colleague (who is Chinese American) that the "working women" will approach white men more often then the Asians just because there is the perception that not only are the white guys more wealthy, but they are most likely here on business and looking for some "company." He didn't believe me, so on our way from the pub I told him to walk ahead of me. Well on the walk home he was approached by zero women, while I was approached by two women at two separate incidents (both women were rejected by me if you were wondering). So my theory worked and he was all salty, not because he was looking for a "working woman," but just because I was right.

No comments: