Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I am unofficially dying

No I am not actually dying, just unofficially as I think my heart was ripped out of my chest when my niece from California sent me the following pictures:



Just for reference, I am born and raised in Baltimore, and while it has been pretty hard to cheer for the O's, I am still a fan (I still think they can go on a run and get close to .500). Anyway, more then anything, my kids can cheer for any other team in baseball other then the Red Sox and of course, the worst of the worst, the Yankees. As long as I live they will not be Yankees fans, I will not have such corruption in my household, but alas, my niece is working towards making them the worst thing that I can imagine....a Yankees fan. I mean I can live with my daughter having a boyfriend at 10, or my son getting a tattoo at 12, or my daughter getting pregnant at 15, but a Yankee's fan...that is hard to swallow (note that my sarcasm might not have come through on this thing, but I am joking about the whole getting pregnant thing). I guess I will have to work to rehab my kids into being real baseball fans and not being a frontrunning fan.

No comments: