Sunday, September 23, 2007

Singapore Day #3

My Saturday morning started with some grocery shopping to pick up some stuff to take back to Shanghai. I started at Fair Price Extra (a hypermarket here in Singapore). I bought some generic Cheerios and some other items to take back for the family. We then went for a walk down the Orchard Road shopping street (right by our hotel).

My colleague and I then headed off to the Riverwalk in downtown Singapore. We walked through Boat Quay and then saw the Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles statue along with the Merlion that spits water all day long. It was a pretty nice walk and a nice area of town.

We then headed East to the East Coast Park. This is a stretch of beach that has restaurants, biking, kayaking, boating, walking paths, and almost anything else you can do around a beach. Before starting any activities, we were pretty hungry, as I mentioned on my last post I love Beef Rendang, and Burger King actually has a Rendang Burger. So we went into BK and tried the Rendang burger, it actually wasn't bad considering it was from BK. We then rented some bikes and rode around for a couple of hours. After biking, we sat at a bar on the beach and enjoyed some drinks to cool down. We then went into 7-11 to get a slurpee, oh man this slurpee was one of the best I have ever had. I enjoyed my slurpee while sitting at the beach and watching the waves hit the shore, all I can say is that Singapore has definitely been hard work so far.

We ended the night with getting together with some of my friends from Shanghai that moved back to Singapore. We went to another local hawker center and had some pork wonton noodles, some satay, some stingray, and the famous Chili Crab. They gave us the claws because we were guests, and there was so much meat in the claws, it was so so good...no check that, it was one of the best meals that I have ever had. The combination of the long day of going around and seeing things and being able to sit outside and enjoy this awesome food, it was almost perfect. After the long day we were beat so we went back to the hotel and fell asleep, but this was definitely the best day so far.

No comments: