Monday, April 30, 2007

The San Francisco Treat

Move over Rice-a-Roni, cause I seem to be the new the king of San Fran. Just in case you didn't know, I am in San Francisco, to be more specific, South San Francisco for a couple of days. Some highlights from the trip thus far:

-Flight was delayed over 3 hours in Shanghai, not a fun start to the trip.

-Gas prices are insane, the first gas station I passed had one gallon of regular for $3.79, that is just not right.

-Due to the very very record setting long first round of the draft, despite my 3 hour flight delay, I was still able to get to my hotel room to see the Baltimore Ravens select Ben Grubbs from Auburn University in the first round of the draft. Not too flashy of a pick, but a need for the Ravens. They have used the last couple of drafts to build up their line, so next year they will be able to focus on flashier positions. I was going to rant about the Ravens not addressing their quarterback need, but they drafted QB Troy Smith in the 5th round, which should end up being interesting, not saying he will ever be good enough to start, but he definitely will add something to this team.

-Hotel room is awesome, leaps and bounds above even the best hotel room I have stayed in in China.

-Little Lucca's in South San Francisco makes a really really good sandwich. Stood in line for about 1/2 an hour, but it was worth the wait, that sandwich was indeed one of the best that I have had in a really long time. (Big enough that it was both my lunch and dinner, although I probably should have spread it out to 3 or 4 meals).

-I wanted to get a couple of CD's while here in the States, I picked The Killer's CD and the Silversun Pickups CD. Basically I heard Lazy Eye from the Silversun Pickups as I was pulling into Target, so naturally I decided this was my sign to buy the CD.

-My List, track 9 from The Killer's CD, not sure I totally identified these guys as glamour rockers from their first album, but this song alone reminds me of everything that was Queen. This album is a really good album, they hold to what they are good at, forget the critics, this one is a good listen.

-Birthplace of Biotechnology - South San Francisco identifies itself as this, I think all of the Biotech firms have moved out of this area by now, but I guess it is their claim to fame.

-In and Out Burger, actually Five Guys is better, but they still do a good job.

-Americans are really fat!!! Yes I mentioned two food places above, that probably doesn't help my cause, but when you live in a country full of people who are skin and bones, it becomes really obvious when you are passing people that have serious health problems. Listen I am not the skinniest guy in the world, but its hard to not notice the weight problems Americans have.

Okay, back to business.

No comments: