Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What Time Is It?

Yesterday morning my body was telling me to wake up, but when I rolled over and looked at my clock it said 2am. So I denied what my body was telling me as I knew that I still had another 3 ½ hours to sleep (note that I had a split second where I thought that I felt really refreshed and that this might go down as the greatest night of sleep ever with over 3 hours of sleep left). I turned over and went to sleep, but my body woke me up about ½ later. I seemed to think that my body was trying to tell me that I have had enough sleep for the night, but I was thinking why the heck should I be getting up at 2:30am? I sat there with my eyes open and started to listen, I heard some birds chirping. Now that is weird, I thought, why is my body insisting that I get up and at the same time why are birds chirping at 2:30am?

So I decided to get out of bed to do some discovery, as I walked towards the bathroom, I noticed that it was unusually light outside and as I approached another clock I noticed that it was, in fact, 6am in the morning. Hmm…now that makes sense as to why my body was trying to wake me up. Turns out that one of my kids was playing with my clock the night before and turned the time by about 4 hours. Makes me feel good that, if the world did not have alarm clocks, my body would still be waking me up like clockwork (no pun intended).

No comments: