Friday, March 14, 2008

I can't believe they stole my....


Last week I went down to my bike to get it ready for a family bike ride. When I got downstairs to check on it I found that something was missing. While many of you will think that my bike was stolen, in fact, my bike was safely still in place. To my surprise the thing that was missing was my bike lock. That's right, the perpetrator decided to leave my bike and instead take the significantly less value bike lock. First, the bike was definitely locked up because we only have one key for the lock, and when the lock locks up, the key comes out. So with key in hand, I had to just stare at my bike thinking how would someone have taken the bike lock without the key, and then my thought went towards why someone would break my lock off and not take my bike? The only thing that I could think of is that it is truly much easier to steal my bike lock out of our apartment compound then it is a bike since the guards stop all people on bikes before they leave to make sure everything is okay. Oh well, they can take all my locks as long as they keep my bike.

1 comment:

Chad Hylton said...

I'm sorry, but that it too funny!