Thursday, November 1, 2007

That's just not right

For those people who are squeamish and can't take stories about gross things, then please do not read on, while this posting is safe for work, it may not be safe for your health.

A couple of months into us being here in China we were driving home in a taxi and I just like to people watch while we are driving in a taxi, so on this particular day we were driving back to our apartment when we came to a stop. While we were stop I noticed that there was a lady holding a little baby. The baby let out a cough and was clearly feeling a little sickly. Well what happened next was something that I will never forget for the rest of my life. The lady proceeded to put her mouth up to the baby's nose and sucked the snot out of the baby's nose and then spit it out on the ground. It was by far one of the grossest things I have ever seen. Now this is China, but that is not something that commonly happens here, and I just can't imagine what was going through that ladies mind when she did that.

Yuck, it still gives me the chills thinking about it (can't say I didn't warn you reader).

No comments: