Monday, November 19, 2007

He's got a whole lotta AIR

I am not sure why weird things happen when I am around, but yet another story can be slated for the "book of weirdness" otherwise known as "the story of my life." I was riding the subway home from work and noticed, out of the corner of my eye, that there was a man moving in a very unusual manner not too far away from me. The train stopped and so did he, so I didn't think much of it, but then once the train began to move again, he would begin to move in this unusual manner all over again, and this occurred between all the stops while the train was moving.

I am usually not phased by the unusualness that goes on on the subway here, but this literally made me laugh out loud to myself. You see, his unusual moves would involve him closing his eyes as if he was trying to sleep or dream something, and then he would just start thrusting his hips back and forth in the air, as if he was "having relations" with the air (or some imaginary friend of his). It was completely awkward and I did notice some others on the train giving him weird looks.

At first I thought maybe this was some kind of Tai Chi move, but after he continued to thrust for periods of time that are unspeakable, I had a inkling that this was not a Tai Chi move. Oh well, I guess he enjoyed his subway ride much more then I did.

No comments: