Thursday, November 15, 2007

Narwhals and Xolos


No, I am not speaking gibberish, my title includes two animals from the alphabetical animal flashcards that we just bought my daughter. Okay, so I understand that finding an animal starting with the letter X is very tough, so I will give them a pass (although choosing the Xolo, a hairless dog is a little scary), but the Narwhal for N????? I mean the obvious N go to is NEWT, this is the classic N animal, I mean you could have even said nurse shark, but narwhal??

Note to the makers of these children flashcards, the parents are supposed to know what the animal is. It doesn't work when you have a kid ask you, "What is that animal" and the parent replies, "I have no idea…I think they just made it up." The parents are supposed to be these great all knowing, all powerful, awesome people that the kids look up to (until 6 years old when they begin to watch re-runs of Alf and see that we are, in fact, not any of those things). Come on animal flashcard people, throw us parents a bone hear (no pun intended).

No comments: