Saturday, January 5, 2008

Sanya!!!!

As I have mentioned before, Renee, the kids, and I all hoped on a plane on Christmas Eve and flew done to Sanya in the Hainan Province of China. We stayed at the Hilton Resort and the place was awesome. Sanya is described as the Hawaii of China. Well I haven't been to the real Hawaii, but the water was clear and a nice temperature, there were rolling hills around us and the weather was beautiful. The vacation was amazing, the kids had a great time and, of course, Renee and I had a great time. We spent a part of each day sitting out at the beach and swimming in the ocean and then we would go to the pool, or at least one part of the huge pool that they have there. The kids wanted to go to the pool that had a sandy beach around it so they could swim in the pool and play at the beach at the same time. The only downfall was the price of the food, but if you have ever been to a resort that has nothing around it, they will gouge you for all you got. Actually, since we didn't have to pay for our rooms, it ended up being not too bad, but the meals were definitely more expensive then what we are used to.

One day down there I signed up to do some kayaking and I said that I could handle the legit ocean kayak. Just as a little background, I really enjoy kayaking, but prior to this, I had only kayaked on lakes. I thought it wouldn't be too different and I was very very wrong. I hoped into the ocean kayak and it immediately flipped me right into the ocean. Thinking that the incident wouldn't happen again, I hopped right back into the kayak, only to have it flip again. The workers then went and got me the beginners kayak that you really need to be trying to flip over. It ended up being a lot of fun, but the workers definitely chuckled at me when I returned the kayak because I was still soaking from my two flips into the water.

I can honestly say that I could do this for Christmas every year, it was a really nice escape. I will be posting pictures sometime in the future so you all can see how beautiful Sanya is.

No comments: