Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year's Eve

I have to admit that I don't completely understand the whole New Year's Eve celebration. I mean, I guess the turning of the New Year can be seen as a start of something new, but really, I think the whole thing is a little overrated. Actually, I understand that we can utilize that night as a time to celebrate with friends and/or family and find another excuse to have a big party, but I guess I have always used New Year's Eve to go to sleep early to prepare for the full day of college football, a much bigger holiday in my mind (although dimished because the "important" bowls don't even happen on New Year's Day anymore).

Anyway, Renee and I spent the evening watching a couple of movies, including Gone Baby Gone, which is an awesome movie, really really good if you haven't seen it yet. We listened to and watched some of the fireworks that were going on all around us, but they were nothing compared to the "real" New Year's that won't be happening until early February. Now that is a celebration. It was a nice evening and at about 12:30am I went to bed, it was a nice quiet evening, actually, the way I would prefer to spend New Years (maybe adding in a couple of friends into that group), a nice quiet evening.

No comments: