Saturday, January 5, 2008

Am I the San Francisco Treat?

One of the main reasons that the past couple of weeks have been crazy is that I have been spending much of my free time studying for this darn CPA Exam that continues to haunt me. So on January 2, I hoped onto a plane and headed back to the US for a quick couple day trip to take the exam. First the plane ride was smooth and easy, actually when I travel alone on a 10 hour plane ride it doesn't feel like it is that long.

We arrived about 2 hours early, so I was able to get some shopping in before heading to my hotel room for some final hours of studying and sleep. I took the tests the next day and went back to my room to crash.

Today has been interesting because there is a huge set of storms coming through town over the next couple of days, today was really windy and rainy, to the point that I was turned away by some of the stores I needed to get stuff in because their power was out. The same flight that I will be flying out on tomorrow was delayed today by 6 hours because of the weather. I am hoping that the weather is not as bad tomorrow (although it is still supposed to have periods of T-storms and rain) cause a six hour delay is not going to sit well with me. Oh well, what is six hours when you have a 13 hour flight to look forward to (don't write me any messages about this, the flight from China to SF is 10 hours, the flight back to China is 13 hours, ask someone in aviation why).

Anyway, my visit has been okay, but I can't wait to get back home with the family.

No comments: