Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I am not Rocky!!!

One of my friends asked if I would be singing the Rocky theme as I was climbing all those stairs up the mountain. While I spent most of the time being too tired to sing songs in my head, I did keep thinking about that comment. So when I got to where I thought I was at the top of the mountain, I looked at the platform on the peak where the cable car was dropping people off and they were all looking out from the platform at the few people climbing the mountains and taking pictures of the views. I then looked at the last set of stairs and thought, this is my Rocky moment. So the theme song started playing in my head, I took a few deep breaths and decided to sprint up the last set of stairs. There were probably about 70-80 stairs, so not the easiest sprint, but I knew I could do it. I reached the top of the staircase and was getting ready to raise my arms when I noticed there were still 2 other sets of stairs leading up to the final platform each of which were about 70-80 steps long. So I stood on the short flat area that I sprinted up to with people above me all looking at me as if I was crazy for sprinting up a set of stairs that don't lead anywhere. I was out of breath feeling like I could hardly move and I still had to shamelessly walk up the real final set of stairs. When I got to the top, tour groups and other people were still staring at me as if I was an idiot for sprinting up to no where and well I was an idiot, so they were justified in giving me the crazy stares. Oh well, I made it to the top, maybe it wasn't in the best fashion, but I can still say that I climbed up to the top of it.

No comments: