Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tokyo Day 1

I have been through Japan before, but this trip was going to be my first time that I would be staying in Japan for more then 1 night so I was really excited to get to see different parts of Japan.

I started off with taking the Kesei Skyliner (a train) from the airport to Ueno (Ueno being close to where I was going to be staying). It was later in the afternoon by the time I got settled into my hotel in the Asakusa area. I had more then enough time to start my adventuring so I headed out into town. I walked around the Asakusa area which is most well known nowadays for the Sensoji temple that is located in the heart of Asakusa. I got to see the are around the temple as it was too late to actually go in. I got on the subway and headed to Roppongi which has two very huge new shopping areas along with a nice view of the Tokyo Tower at night. I just walked down a couple of streets in that area making sure I got a nice view of the Tokyo Tower from the street level at night. I then headed over to the Akihabara area of town which is well know for its electronics. They say you can find anything you want there, with that in mind I headed there because I forget to bring my adapter for my computer plug so I needed an adapter to plug my computer in to the outlets in Japan. After I found what I was looking for I headed back to Asakusa, before turning in a found a sushi place with a good atmosphere and enjoyed eating and people watching (the food was just okay, nothing too special).

No comments: