Monday, September 8, 2008

The Dark Knight...wait I'm confused


The other night I was able to watch The Dark Knight, which is conveniently already out on DVD here in China (not saying whether it is legal or not). Unlike Robert Downey Jr, I actually understood the whole movie with the exception of one part. With Heath Ledger, the actor who played the Joker, dead in real life, I am confused (if you have not see the movie I am warning you that I talk about there ending right here, so skip over this post if you do not want to know parts of the ending) why they didn't kill off the Joker in the movie. I am no movie magician, but there was a part at the end that could have been re-edited to show the Joker dying. By keeping him alive, either they are going to have to have another actor take the place of Ledger in the next movie or totally make the Joker irrelevant in the next movie or someone explain that the Joker died in between the movies, all of which don't make any sense when they could have easily killed him in this movie. Anyway, I am just confused as to how they could complicate the situation, but I guess they are trying to make the next one even more intriguing, too bad I am not that much more intrigued.

No comments: