Thursday, July 31, 2008

Peanut Butter Adventure


Just to let all you readers know, for the first 21 years of my life my peanut butter, spread between two pieces of white bread, was always accompanied by classic JELLY. After I married Renee, she began to refine my palette to begin eating the better things in life…like JAM. So as of the last 6 years, I have been enjoying my peanut butter coupled with various kinds of jams. Well, now that I am well into my 27's and heading straight towards my 28's, I figured I would go out on a limb and try some different variations to my peanut butter sandwich. In the last two days I have gone with two different variations. Yesterday I went with a peanut butter and banana sandwich. This is a sandwich of myths that I remember seeing on the plethora of kids shows that I got to watch growing up. It was quite enjoyable, but it was not quite on the level of peanut butter and jam, sorry Chiquita. Today I went with the ever loving peanut butter and honey combination. Maybe it was the honey that I used, but it didn't bring out the peanutty flavor that jam brings out. So thus far my adventure has shown me that a good ole peanut butter and jam sandwich is the way to go.

Feel free to shoot me any suggestions for combinations with my peanut butter (be realistic). Not sure I will try a peanut butter and bologna sandwich, but I am pretty open to non-meat combinations with my peanut butter.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow... you didn't enjoy my favorite Peanut Butter and Honey? I'm guessing Peanut Butter and Nutella would be pretty fabulous and putting it in the toaster oven might be even better. However, that's definitely a dessert! What about peanut butter and thin apple slices? That could definitely be a winner!